Monday 7 February 2011

DPS Drafts

First Draft:

This is my first draft of my DPS. There are several things I need to add but i just wanted to make sure i uploaded the rough layout of my DPS with all the images i intended on using, the correct positioning on the text. I still need to add ; page number, jessicas top highlights,slug,



Second Draft:


For my second draft i changed a few things
1. The over lapping of Jessica Hyde as my masthead i didn't feel worked well so i decided to leave it just as red ( the red colour almost acts like a motif as it links with my front cover, TOC and DPS. )

2. As the focal point of the DPS is the portrait of my model on the left had side where her hands are coming towards the camera i thought putting exclusive would work really well, as it would be the first thing my readers saw. I decided to use Palace Script MT as it looks like a sophiscated signature.


Third Draft:


To my third draft i added
1. Page number at the bottom right corner/
2. Under the image of the bottom right i added information about the clothes my model was wearing as this is a common convention in up market magazines - ' Opposite - Jessica wears Jacket, Urban outfitters £28.99 and Hat from Rocket £9.99 '
3. I also realised the second collum was uneven and the text was to high up near the image seperating the text so by using the grid tool could even them up.
4. I added the information of ' Jessicas Top Highlights ' as a side box is also quite a common convention of music magazines.


Fourth and Final draft:


After fixing all the errors I finished my DPS. I think it works well as a DPS as the images compliment the text and vise versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment